The Six Top Reasons Why Cacao Juice Will Be the Functional Beverage Trend of 2023
Cacao juice is set to be the hottest functional beverage trend of 2023, and for good reason. Here are the top six reasons why cacao juice is poised to take the world by storm in the coming year:
1. Cacao juice is a rich source of antioxidants. In fact, cacao fruit contains more antioxidant activity than all other superfruits, by a lot. It’s 2x acai berry and 3x blueberry, pomegranate and the other well known superfruits. Antioxidants are compounds that help to protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can cause harm to your body's tissues. By consuming cacao juice regularly, you can help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer, as well as slowing down the aging process.
2. Cacao juice is a super hydrator. Cacao fruit contains high levels of naturally occurring electrolytes, such as magnesium and potassium. When it comes to hydration, electrolytes are important because they help to regulate the movement of water between different compartments in the body. For example, when you become dehydrated, your body tries to hold onto water in order to maintain a balance of electrolytes, which can lead to dehydration. Conversely, when you consume fluids that contain electrolytes, they can help to balance the levels of electrolytes in your body and facilitate the absorption of water, leading to improved hydration. Cacao juice contains these electrolytes in levels that can match some of the hydration specific sports beverage products.
3. Cacao juice promotes a healthy cardiovascular system. Cacao beans are the source of all chocolate products, and they are loaded with nutrients that are essential for good health. Cacao beans are a rich source of antioxidants, iron, magnesium, and other minerals and vitamins that support overall health and well-being. By drinking cacao juice, you can get all of these nutrients in a convenient and delicious form.
4. Cacao juice is a natural mood booster. Theobromine is an alkaloid compound found in cacao fruit. Some refer to it as caffeine's little sister. It provides similar effects but without the jittery neurological effects. By drinking cacao juice regularly, you may be able to improve your mood and feel more relaxed and happy.
5. Cacao juice is a sustainable and ethical choice. Cacao is grown in tropical regions along the equator, such as West Africa and South America. It’s grown mostly on small family owned farms. It’s hard manual labor for not a lot of money. Cacao juice is made by pressing the previously wasted pulp surrounding the cacao seeds. By finding a use for this waste product, we can provide an entirely new revenue stream for hard working cacao farmers. It can provide up to 30% new revenue without requiring any added inputs. It’s life changing for them. By choosing cacao juice, you're able to make a real difference in the lives of many people.
6. Cacao juice is a completely new taste experience. While cacao juice is pressed from the fruit that gives us chocolate, it's actually the polar opposite from a taste standpoint. Cacao juice is tropically fruity and naturally sweet. It’s a unique flavor experience, described as banana, white peach, lychee with a spritz of lemon.
Cacao juice is a versatile beverage. Cacao juice can be enjoyed on its own as a tasty and refreshing drink, or it can be used as an ingredient in smoothies, cocktails, and other recipes. This versatility makes it easy to incorporate cacao juice into your daily routine and enjoy its benefits in a variety of ways.
Overall, there are many reasons why cacao juice is set to be the next big functional beverage trend of 2023. So why not give it a try and see for yourself the benefits that this delicious and nutritious drink has to offer?